9/03/2010

His name is Earl.


There's an awful lot of huff about hurricane Earl beaming toward Atlantic Canada. Town is PACKED - Everyone's getting their batteries, candles, water, and more to prepare for what seems like the disaster of the century.
It seems like the storm is heading more westward than expected, and I think we're just going to get rain.. and you know what? I can't wait.

There's just something about a rainy day. You know, the kind of rain that comes down so hard it wakes you in your sleep. The kind that cools the air so much you feel it coming in your window. mmmmm, I love that feeling. Nothing makes me quite as happy, calm, and peaceful as laying in bed with all the windows wide open, listening to a hard rain come down. It's almost as if every other sound muffles out in the background.

Rain awakens every sense. You can hear it hitting the roof, or the grass. You can feel the cool air coming in your window, you can even smell its freshness. I see people who are outside on rainy days who cover their heads with a newspaper and run like crazy because they don't want to get wet. Not me, I embrace it.





I'm a puddle jumper.

So for this one last weekend of the summer, I'm not going to the beach, I'm not going camping, or doing chores, I'm not getting my shopping done and I'm not having a bonfire.

I'm staying in my bed, with all the windows open.

No comments: