9/12/2010

This blog will make you hungry.

Completed the next step up at the gym today! I feel so proud, happy, sore, inspired. And I am still alive to tell the tale. I love that I look in the mirror and see progress. I see muscle. I see happiness. I can do more than I ever thought possible. Man, life is good.

On another note, I have been experimenting in the kitchen a bit with some yummy healthy alternatives to everyday things. I am snacking on some roasted chick peas with chili powder and paprika. YUM. They are crunchy and deeeeelish.



I also made mini vegetarian frittatas and froze a bunch so I can just pop 2 in the microwave on cold mornings when a hot brekky is needed! Low sodium, low fat, low cal, high protein and SO good! about 60 calories per frittata. I used egg whites too which made them even healthier!



I am also trying to get more raw fruits and veggies in my diet, while at the same time eliminating the unhealthy stuff a bit at a time. I discovered that if you take diced up frozen bananas, and put them in a food processor for about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides every minute or so, you are left with what tastes like banana soft serve ice cream, only there is no milk, no sugar, NOTHING! Just bananas!! And from what I am reading, it is incredible. I was going to splurge and buy myself a magic bullet and make it tonight but there were none at the store!! I will keep you updated when I try this out myself. For now, feast your eyes on this:


It says some people will add a few drops of vanilla extract as well, or melt a little chocolate on the top. Just an FYI for anyone who is frothing at the mouth looking at the above photo.

I am also going to try making "green monsters" this week. Apparently they are delicious but they sound nasty. It's a smoothie composed of 2c spinach, 1c almond milk, and 1/2 banana. I'll keep you posted.



I am trying to fit as much food-related awesomeness in this one blog post. I never blog about food but I am trying to educate myself as much as possible on healthy living, and I feel the need to shaaaare.


In other news, here's a picture of some stuff I picked from the garden today!




That's all for now. Nothing big to talk about today. Just my amazing work out and some foody pics for you to feast your eyes on!

OM NOM NOM NOM

No comments: